Rulan (Dancing Earth, New Mexico) invites committed creative artists of all forms to explore embodiment of individual within a sense of relationship to the earth and cosmos. Beginning with undoing and multi-sensory remaking to uncover movements of instinct, and intuition. Through movement and related expressions we will discover how we affect each other and ourselves, in reflections and reverberations, towards transformation. Our bodies will be re-storied and renewed, with the power of creation that is inherent in our collective stories of origin, emergence, and journeying.
Participants are also encouraged to bring notebooks for writing or sketching for an inter-disciplinary experience.
We will culminate in sharing the day’s journey through a ritual of presentation and witnessing.
Here are the rules for the dance studies here at SCA:
– No outdoor shoes are permitted in the dance studios
– No dance shoes with screws (i.e. tap shoes) are permitted in the dance studios
– No rosin is to be used in the dance studios
– No food or drink is permitted in the dance studios except for water in secured plastic or metal containers (no glass)
– Props, tables or chairs that could damage the floors are not permitted in the dance studio